Characters That NEED To Appear In Future Guardians Of The Galaxy films
The most recent sequel of the space avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2, just hit theaters. And now is probably a good time to ask the next obvious question: who will eventually join the team?
The sequel already gave us some new members, but there are way more members than you may have thought. Heck, even characters like Iron Man and Agent Venom have joined! So here a just some of the characters that we think would be prime choices to fill that ever growing roster. We’ll be ranging from the most obvious to the most unlikely (but still interesting) of choices.
Note: all characters on our list have either been members of the Guardians or have correlated with the team to some degree at least once in comic-dom.
- She has super strength, flight, and also energy projection and absorption
- Carries the quantum bands and the quantum sword
- Played a huge role in the climax of the Annihilation comic run
- Has also gone by the names Captain Marvel and Martyr
- She became an avatar of Oblivion, as Martyr, at the conclusion of the Guardians of the Galaxy (2008) comic run
- She is one of many other Quasar’s including Wendell Vaughn and even Richard Rider (Nova)
MAJOR VICTORY (Vance “Astro” Astrovik)
- Member of the Guardians of the Galaxy 3000 team
- Wore a copper alloy body suit, before it was replaced with an adamantium one
- Derives from Earth-691
- Carries (or carried) Captain America’s shield
- Has the ability of psychokinesis, alongside above average athletic capabilities
- Psionic powers can only activate through psyche-blasts
MOONDRAGON (Heather Douglas)
- Is the daughter of Drax the Destroyer
- Is an amazingly powerful telepath
- Master martial artist
- Achieved her extraordinary talents through extreme degrees of personal regimen, unlike being born with it or whatnot
- She is openly bisexual
- Was romantically involved with the likes of Quasar and Dare Devil
- Originally from the Microverse
- Involved in the interstellar conflict known as the War of Kings
- Personally asked to join the Guardians team in the 2008 run by Rocket Raccoon
- Has the ability to cling on walls with both exceptional and extraordinary agility and sight
- His helmet grants enhanced peripheral vision
- Originally a member of the Micronauts
JACK FLAG (Jack Harrison)
- Involved with the Guardians during both the War of King and the Thanos Imperative storylines
- A superb athlete with martial arts and superhuman strength
- was paralyzed by Bullseye during Civil War, but then was fixed on Knowhere (the Guardians home base in comic lore)
- Has also joined the likes of Captain America and S.H.I.E.L.D.
SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE (Wileaydus Autolycus)
- Is a Ghost Rider that derives from Earth-691
- On Earth-691, was a member of the Galactic Guardians
- Has all the similar abilities to the modern Earth-616 Ghost Riders and can also shoot fire spike projectiles
- Personally asked to join the guardians by Vance Astro
- Originates from the his home planet Sarka
FIRELORD (Pyreus Kril)
- Was born on Xandar, and is a Nova Corps Academy graduate
- His friend Gabriel was turned into a Galactus herald known as Air-Walker
- Also gained his powers by becoming a herald of Galactus
- Has battled Thor, Hercules, and the X-Men
- Is a Guardians of the Galaxy member from Earth-691
- Has extreme powers including the ability to fly at the speed of light.
HONORABLE MENTION: COSMO THE SPACEDOG
- Has various, almost all forms, of Psychic abilities
- Has a Russian accent
- Is a security chief at Knowhere
- Is a golden retriever and labrador retriever hybrid
Even though he has already appeared in the MCU, it’s about time he officially joins the team!
So what other characters do you think should join the team? Considering how the MCU handles things very differently, anything is possible at this point. we hope you enjoyed this post.
Posted on May 7, 2017, in Marvel, Uncategorized and tagged guardians of the galaxy, list, marvel. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment