Top 6 Pokemon Special: Psychic Type
Sorry about the Delay of posts as of recent, We have been pretty busy with College work and, well, work work. But as promised we will be dominating all things Halloween, including the Pokemon top 6 posts.
As I said before, we will be covering our top 6 Poison, Psychic, Dark, and Ghost Pokemon. Poison has been covered so now on to Psychic! Amongst the eerie and creepy creatures of the night, there is also Witches, voodoo, and other sorts of magic users. Psychic type started out as just that, the scary magical creatures that seemed nearly impossible to defeat. So it makes sense to release this top 6 for the holidays.
1. our “type” top 6’s will NOT include any starters or legendaries. This is due to those specific Pokemon being obvious choices, we will use them for certain top 6’s in the future
2. this list will mostly go by personal favorites either by childhood nostalgia or from which ones we liked from the games. However some stats, abilities, etc. could be mentioned here or there.
3. This list is a bit PERSONAL to either the post writer or all of GeekBeerz,do not be in any way mad if your favorite didn’t make the list or whatever. In short: Don’t overreact bro, this is just for fun!
4. This list isn’t in any “best or worst” lineup, and one isn’t necessarily better or worse over another, they are all equally fair in these lists
Alakazam is definitely an obvious choice, and for good reason.
This humanoid spoon-bending maniac just feels as if he is of pure magical power. Finding an Abra within the Kanto region games was like finding a diamond in the ruff and also a pain in the neck to obtain, and with leveling up and the right move set this little sleepy Abra would soon become one of the strongest Psychic power houses! We can sit around all day and question what the freaking heck this thing is, or we can be smart and use him to wreck havoc upon our foes.
This creature, and its evolution chain, will quite possibly be the only psychic Pokemon to wield spoons as it’s primary weapon. This Pokemon can literally destroy you with spoons… pretty cool, but also creepy.
It’s mega form is insanely, and incredibly, sick. It goes from a warrior-like magic guy to a full blown Mage. It obtains ridiculous amounts of spoons to even further show off it’s incredible power.
Might seem like a super weird choice, but this bird is unique.
Its design is very cool and almost totem-like in both its stature and its symbols. It just stares at you as if its totally chill with any situation and problem. It feels foreign and yet fits in. What else can I really say, it’s just a very unique bird. And yes, this choice was clearly chosen by design alone but can you blame us? This design is clearly for a psychic type, almost exclusively to it.
Eevee has many reasons to evolve into another element, so if Eevee wants to do a magic trick, Eevee will do a magic trick!
Espeon was released alongside Umbreon in the second generation, this was basically the revelation that Eevee would be obtaining many more evolutions throughout the generations. Espeon is sort of like that mysterious cat that you don’t want to mess with, the black cat on the 13th of Friday. Not to say that this cute little guy is evil, but definitely not entirely innocent. Seeing how Eevee and most of the other Eeveelutions are dog-like, it’s great to see one more cat-like because it makes its look and personality change dramatically.
So how do you take a ridiculously simple and near stupid looking Pokemon and make it something somewhat cool? You learn your ABC’s of course!
Yes, these guys are stupidly simple. However having 28 different designs and a special lore and mythology behind them make them seem like just a bit more. Would one be worth having on your team and reaching to level 100? probably not. However you can’t deny the impact that these letters have had at the time of their release. Even the third Pokemon movie made them seem almost like legendaries, which kudos to them.
If you have no idea why this Psychic big nose is on here, then you really don’t know this guy at all!
Imagine, a creature with hypnosis powers that can lure in children and do what he desires with them… Creepy as crap! This child stealing faggot has recently over the years gotten appraise for being the center of attention for Pokemon creepypasta stories and many other similar mentions. This is another humanoid guy that is also had to convey as a creature within the wild, even if he does evolve from a pig. We believe that’s what makes him all the more creepy, his more human than ever attributes. Almost too human, as if he is nothing more than a yellow simpsons character who is also a pedo.
Basically, hide your children from yellow pedos!
So hey, why not add a new guy to this list despite being new?
Malamar was an instant awesomeness when his character was first revealed. Taking a shape we are used to, for a cephalopod, and turning it upside down is just so freaking weird that its cool. Heck, his evolution even requires you to hold the 3DS upside down! It’s Dark/Psychic typing is also an incredible mix and certainly gives him the edge to fight off other powerful Psychic foes. So maybe this guy should be on two lists?
(p.s. not on other list)
(stars (*) represent how close they got to making the list)
Any other Psychic types you like? what are your top 6 favorite Psychic types? Let us know! Until next top 6…
Posted on October 31, 2014, in Pokemon and tagged 2014, Gamefreak, pokemon, top 6 poke. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
My personal top 6 Psychics would have to be:
1) Alakazam – he’s just the classic Psychic-type, when I think “Psychic Pokemon” I think Alakazam!
2) Mewtwo – the classic legendary Pokemon, I loved the mystery of reading those journal entries about him in the original games.
3) Reuniclus – great in battle, but I also love his design based on cell biology!
4) Delphox – cool design idea, a wizardly fox, and was a refreshing break from the Fire/Fighting starter trend. Generally outclassed by lots of other Pokemon in competitive roles, but really fun to use nonetheless.
5) Slowbro – I like derpy Pokemon, and this is probably the ultimate derpy Pokemon. Can’t wait for Mega Slowbro!
6) Xatu – love the design with the totem pole theme. I had a Xatu on my team during my first playthrough of Pokemon Silver!
Great list as always! They are really fun to read, keep them coming! =)
There’s noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.
I gotta bookmark this web site it seems extremely helpful very helpful